Fresh from his #BareYourBeard photo shoot, Dougie here has passed on a few tips for us, and to all of you! Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to make your own beard oil. Before you ask, it won’t turn your beard blue and purple… That’s just a cool picture.
Okay, before you get started you’ll need:
- Pure Coconut Oil, we’d recommend this, but feel free to experiment!
- A bottle or two of scented essential oils.
- A big-ish bowl and a little bowl (that can stand boiling water!). Make sure the little bowl floats.
- A selection of small pots/jars.
With all that in place, you’re ready to start making your own beard oil!
Step 1 – Fill the big bowl with boiling water.
Step 2 – Put some of the solid coconut oil into the smaller bowl and place that bowl inside the boiling water bowl. Watch as the coconut oil melts! Magic.
Step 3 – Put a few drops of your scented essential oil in to melted coconut oil. Want a potent smell? Put more in!
Step 4 – Carefully remove the bowl of oil from the big boiling water bowl and pour the oil in to one of your small pots/jars then wait for it to set.
BOOM! You’ve got yourself some beard oil made with your own two hands with a scent you love! What’s to stop you from making more? NOTHING! Use up the rest of that coconut oil making beard oils with other scents, or maybe mix scents. When you’ve got some coconut oil, a big bowl, a little bowl, a selection of scented essential oils and a few pots/jars to put your beard oils in the possibilities are endless!!
When you want to use it, just scoop some out and rub it in your hands and then spread evenly through your beard. What’s that smell? Success. Beardy Success. And whatever oil you put in there. And we bet it smells amazing.
Go. Share your beard smells and tales of home made oils with the world.
Latest posts by Samuel@Bristlr.com (see all)
- #SuccessStory – Bristlr Baby - 18th July 2017
- Bristlr adds Gender Options - 10th July 2017
- 10 Men with Beards that will make you want to join Bristlr - 27th June 2017